Our client currently requires a security operative in Burton on Trent.
Duties to include:
- Carry out site patrols to all Burton sites recording attendance at specific locations by use of a Deister Patrol system.
- Providing visible deterrent to any would be transgressors
- Response to all site incidents as required, i.e.
- First Aid / Ambulance requests
- Fire activations, attendance of Fire Brigade
- Major incidents.
- Intruder / environmental system activations.
- Gas detection activation Ammonia etc
- Attendance of Police.
- During patrols of site carry out seal tamper checks on site portable firefighting equipment submitting appropriate report/s where required.
- During patrols carry out safety checks reporting all findings by way of Security Incident report, site near miss procedure.
- Arming, disarming intruder systems during securing / unlocking of building at end and start of each working day.
- Arming & disarming intruder systems for remote stations during periods where telephone line failures.
- Carry out weekly test of sites man down (lone worker) / personal attack devices.
- Carry out weekly fire alarm audibility tests, informing Security Control of specific call point activated.
- Whilst carrying out weekly fire alarm audibility testing throughout a 12 month period ensure all call points to each individual fire system are activated at least once.
- Assist, where required, in all Burton sites' mandatory fire evacuations.
- Escort, where required, to site visitors including those from legislative bodies i.e. Health & Safety Executive, Environmental agency, fire service, Police, Trading Standards, foreign hauliers etc.
- Provision of First Aid as and when required. It is mandatory that all Officers working at site hold a First Aid at Work qualification.
- Assist with site vehicle searches when required.
- Provide cover for statutory meal breaks.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
-Security Industry Association (SIA) frontline licence.
-Full UK manual driving licence.
-First Aid at Work qualification.
-Good IT and communication skills.
-Good spoken English and legible handwriting
-Standard DBS Check
Shift Pattern: Working nights only - 12 hour shifts (18:00-06:00) 4 on, 4 off shift pattern. Average 42 hours per week with overtime often available
Start Day & Date:18/03/2019
Pay Rate (Inclusive of Holiday pay): £10.05
Site Location: DE14
Duration: Permanent position
If you are interested in the role , please contact Carla Fernandes on 0121 450 8950 or submit your CV to apply.